|The Old Chapel
The former octagonal shaped Methodist chapel was built in 1811 in Church Street near The Knoll, on the base of a former cock-fighting pit. A stone above the door is enscribed "What hath GOD wrought here. Open'd Feb 3rd 1811" It was used as a shop in the first half of the 20th century. Until 2007, it was a home adjoined to a single storey shop building. That building was demolished and a new shop was erected, leaving the house free-standing again. It is a beautifully restored building, with some very unusual features, including its shape.