|The Village Hall front, July 2013
Tansley Village Hall is housed in the old Village School building beside the Village Green.
The National School, with its adjoining headmaster's house, was erected in 1843, chiefly through the efforts of Edward Radford, gentleman and landowner, who lived in the village and left 6.5 acres of land to the school when he died 25 years later.
It was leased by the Church to the village after the school moved to the new building in 1949, now Tansley Primary School.
|The Village Hall interior, May 2013