The Methodist Church

The Methodist church was built in Church Street in 1829, 11 years before the Anglican church (Holy Trinity). It replaced the smaller old Chapel, an octagonal building at The Knoll, built in 1811 on the site of a former cock-fighting pit.

The present church has been modernised in recent years. It has its own schoolroom behind it.

The Methodist Church interior

A baptism in the Methodist Church

The Methodist Church south end window

The Methodist Church etched glass front windows

Kneelers for Communion
Given in memory of Betty Walter, mother of Sue Smith. The pictures on the kneelers are copies of the symbols on the church windows.

The Methodist Schoolroom and Brunswick Room